Every now and then, I write about myself, about how I am just another person, and about how I am an infinity. Christmas, hot chocolate and love have always been mentioned here or there in my poetry. Here is a small and brief glimpse into my obsession:
- 2009: We stopped at a gas station to buy food and coffee. I was nine, so I ran towards the chocolates aisle in the store close by. Meanwhile, my dad bought me ad my sister hot chocolate, sandwiches and cupcakes. He bought coffee and sandwiches for him and my mom. So we got into the car with the best food ever and drove around the streets of Dubai, listening and singing along to classical Indian music. I remember the taste of hot chocolate, the sound of my sister’s giggle, my dad’s smile and everything in between.
- 2013: Four families got together to celebrate Christmas. The music was too loud but no one cared, and the food smelled like god himself. I was thirteen and fat, because I didn’t yet know that you could, by choice, not eat delicious food. Eating it seemed kinda obvious to me. So as everyone grooved to the music, I danced too and ate something once in while. It was a party worth remembering and that’s when I became best friends with the amazing people I was dancing with. Every since that Christmas, many games, life saving advices and lame jokes have followed.
- 2014: Ninth grade has been the show stopper. I was in a history class, talking to my girl friend when this other girl entered the class. For the next two years, I had been madly in love with this other girl. She was like a walk in a park, except that the park was an amusement park and the walk was actually crazy, jaw dropping, breath taking rides. She had beautiful eyes that looked like an eclipse, and a smile like the fourth moon of the fortnight, a bright crescent. Her eyes had dark circles under them, and her arms had cuts. And every time I saw either, they recited a different story and wonderful poetry.
I started writing in 2014, so these three have always been something I find myself using in my poems. Here are ten random questions that I am answering to tell you more about me.
- Are you scared of heights?
∞ I am. I’ve been on the tallest building on Earth and still, height freaks out.
- What is at the top of your bucket list?
∞ I don’t really have an order. But I’ve always wanted to go Greece or Amsterdam.
- What is the first book you remember reading?
∞ As funny as this sounds, my first book was a comic called Tinkle. But my first novel was Percy Jackson.
- What is your eye color?
∞ I’d say dark brown.
- Do you hold any convictions that you would be willing to die for?
∞ None that I am aware of. But I guess I’ll know when I have to.
- What is your biggest fear?
∞ I am Atelophobic (the fear of not being enough)
- One thing you know now that you wish you had known as a kid?
∞ That fears exists, probably.
- Do you judge a book by it’s cover?
∞ I try not to, but I might subconsciously.
- What makes you angry?
- What are you attracted to in a woman?
∞ Preferably bold, frank and wild.
I hope you know me a little better today. Also, a shout-out to Hello Lauren for nominating me for the sunshine blogger award. Tell me more about you in the comments section below. You can ask me questions too. I cannot wait to hear stories about you.